Thursday, July 14, 2011

To the Moon and Back


Dear Reasons,

Mommy's going away for a couple of days, but I want you to know how much I love you. Please be nice to one another and your caretakers. Please eat your food, and try not to kick one another. If possible, please remain healthy for at least the next 64 hours. If you must get sick, let me be the one to soothe you and wipe your brow.

If you forget your lovey somewhere, try not to throw a fit. A couple of tears are okay, though, because I know the comfort in home, and your lovey is part of the world we've built. If you see your brothers or sister crying, give them a hug. Let them know you'll always be on their side; that family comes first and family runs deep.

I've almost ditched my trip a million times in thinking of all the things you will need and all the ways in which I won't be able to help when I'm gone. But I'm going, just for a couple days.

I'll think of you almost constantly, because that's what Moms do. I'll wish on the stars for you and hold you in my heart always.

Be happy. Be free. Have fun! May God bless you and keep you safe.

I'll see you on Sunday morning, loves.

Love you to the moon and back!
Mommy

*Thanks to the amazing Kristin Pottmeyer for this beautiful photo. Find her at www.kristinmariephoto.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...