Saturday, February 4, 2012

Inspiration


I feel as if I am enjoying a new lease on life tonight. I have traveled a valley of darkness in a sector of my life over the past few days, but today, I emerge. I am inspired to continue doing my best, being true to myself, being interested and interesting and believing, as always, that good will triumph over evil in every house of my being.

That said, I'm exercising my need to multitask this evening. I have no less than five tabs open on my laptop. I'm on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest as I type. I also believed (ambitiously, note past tense) that I would have the time and fire to sort through photos on the couch beside me to find shots of Luke at every month of age from birth to one year for his baby book. It goes without saying that I have long since given up on following the complex movie Shrek is watching. It's nothing but noise and annoyance to me now, but this is how we roll.

I am but a speck of sand on this glorious planet. My problems are so small and my blessings so great. My children grow like weeds. They are becoming good little citizens of the human race, and that is so important to me.

I am feeling humbled tonight, but empowered and in flight as well. Inspiration is that hand that reaches down and says, "Yes, you, now. Let's go!"

And who, in their right mind, would say no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...