Monday, July 26, 2010

A Real Day Off


"Do you like butter, Max??"

I was lazy on Friday. I am not lazy by nature. I work three days a week and often spend my two days off doing laundry, sweeping my entire first floor, taking care of the kids, doing dishes and performing other house-wifey tasks. And I did do some of this on Friday.

But, mostly, I let myself enjoy my little monkeys. I floated with all three of them on our loveseat "boat." I humored them, loved them and treasured being with them on my day off. Around 2 p.m., I started taking photos for this post.

I watched my beautiful kids play in the baby pool on the back deck...



I washed the dishes, twice....


I interested the kids in an experiment borrowed from my own youth: dyeing Queen Anne's lace with colored water. Here's our before photo...


And the after photo, taken today, four days later...


That's right. I'm a cool-cat mom.

There were also laundry basket rides, lots of peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches, two catnaps for mommy and meltdowns during the dreaded 2 p.m.-to-3 p.m. hour (evening is so far away!) Oh, and I let Colby tear up tissues for a bit. He loves to make a mess....


It was a good day! Colby, at 14 months, is finally walking. Hallelujah! Life is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...