Monday, September 27, 2010

There's Still Time



I've discovered that an author whom I respect so much is 57. There's still time!!!! I might just be as famous and as bestselling as she is in 25 more years.

This is a welcome discovery on a day in which I have pined to do what I want to do for a profession, for a life. I can usually drive off the frustration of work in the hour it takes me to get home, but today, I still felt beat when I got here to my loves, my reasons.

I have to believe that I am doing the best I can, that, on some level, I am a Superwoman. So many of us mothers are. And if I could just wrangle that notion, that truth that floats upon the surface of American society, if I could muster enough sleep and energy and drive and selfishness to make it all click in my head and get it all down on paper, wow. Wouldn't that be something?

So, in spite of my financial worries, the cluelessness of some of the people with whom I spend part of my week, the injustices that are the realities of so many less fortunate, I'm going to keep plugging away at my life. I'm going to continue to do the best that I can, to make my small corner of the world a bright spot for my children and for those around me, and I'm going to hold on to my dreams.

All I ever have to be is what He made me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...